The role will comprise of the following duties:
- To produce and implement a well-structured and progressive coaching programme to meet the needs of players
- The preparation, organisation and execution of training sessions from 7-9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- To attend matches on Saturdays (and sometimes Sundays, depending on the competition)
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and enjoyable environment in which to motivate players and encourage participation
- To develop players’ skills to compete at the highest level
- Being responsible for team selection
Potential candidates should have the following skills:
- Ability to develop and implement high quality, varied and creative coaching sessions, focusing on player skill development and creating tactical awareness
- Ability to communicate in a highly effective manner with players and have excellent team-building skills
- Ability to organise with attention to detail and in an efficient manner
- Ability to instruct and lead players
- Ability to motivate players to perform to the best of their ability
Previous coaching experience and a minimum IHA Level One coaching qualification would be an advantage. Rathgar Hockey Club will also consider the option of a player/coach if the applicant is interested in such a position.
Rathgar are very keen to provide the opportunity for an aspiring coach to assist the club with its long-term goals. If you would like to apply for the position, all interested candidates should contact Club Captain Mark Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org / 086 3993609 before Friday, 24 May 2019.